Just featured by Jim Clancy on CNN. Not bad at all
Just featured by Jim Clancy on CNN. Not bad at all
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
the people in this area just don't realize how big and important he is to the music field. Even if it isn't your favoirte style of music you should know how big the man is away from this area. They said in Nashville that the two artist that people flock to (this was a few years ago) were Garth and Ralph. fans would pass by any other artist when those two made any apperance at FanFair
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
[ QUOTE ]
the people in this area just don't realize how big and important he is to the music field. Even if it isn't your favoirte style of music you should know how big the man is away from this area. They said in Nashville that the two artist that people flock to (this was a few years ago) were Garth and Ralph. fans would pass by any other artist when those two made any apperance at FanFair
[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO....what a joke...
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
It's true, we don't see it that way around here because this is where he is from.
crack is whack
I guess thats why the good ol Ralph Stanely museum here Clintwood has had every bit of 20 people go through it in almost 6 months. You would think that Ralph being such the huge star that he is would want to give a little back to the community in some way...but has he? Never, that I know of anyway. The town of Clintwood built the [censored] museum in honor him of and the crook sold them the banjo's and stuff to go in it! He makes me sick personally.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
I appreciate what Ralph has done for music, but I do think that sometimes he doesn't give as much to the community as he should. That being said, I guess the community didn't realize push/publicize him till Oh Brother and then he didn't just forget years of being just someone who plays bluegrass.
As for the museum, for what else there is here, it probably does ok. It's not like Clintwood just rolls in the tourists and not too many people go on trips to somewhere to see a small museum, if there in the area maybe a quick trip over but got to be other things to see.
I think Counts could tell you this one better, but awhile back he had someone who worked with his company away from here come in. They knew and heard about Ralph and was wanting to go to the museum. They went there and did the floor level such, looked around, etc, but when they heard the price to go upstairs per person they left. I think Counts said they said something like "If Ralph had been up there performing for them they wouldn't have paid that much". Also at that point, they said that it kind of ruined the whole image of the place that the guide or whatever sounded like a big Yankee lol
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
I think you have it a little confused. The man don't owe us a thing. Also why would anyone want to go on vacation in Clintwood. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
crack is whack
You're probly right about Garth Brooks.....
Ralph Stanley...I don't really see that one
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]
He performed a sold out concert here in C-ville a few months back...guess a few people have heard of him.
[ QUOTE ]
You're probly right about Garth Brooks.....
Ralph Stanley...I don't really see that one
[img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
[/ QUOTE ]
I'm telling you, because he is from here and we don't really care for bluegrass most don't really know how big Ralph is outside this area.
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks